Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

PRELUDE

Just a quick update to say I'm teaching my first classes tomorrow (terrified screams ensue). In reality I'm probably as prepared as I can be at this point.

I will be teaching various classes from all three grades of middle school tomorrow — nothing too demanding since it's my first time meeting the students. The plan is to introduce myself and my class rules for about one third of the lesson. The other two-thirds will be spent having the students construct paper journals that they will write in for the rest of the semester. Then each student will decorate the cover of his or her journal with a cartoon describing his or her self, their likes and dislikes as well as personal traits. I hope this will be a fun activity and that reviewing the cartoons later will help me understand my students and their English abilities a bit better.

In other news, today I made kimbap with my family and then painted my nails with one of my host sisters, both of which were a lot of fun. In my family it's pretty customary to jump into lounging clothes (read pajamas) as soon as you get home from work/school/hagwon and I think I will never ever go back to wearing real clothes at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment