Pages

Saturday, August 3, 2013

LIVING HISTORY

I'm still catching up on all the beautiful photos from our Donghae weekend. When we left Donghae to drive back to Jungwon we took a scenic route stopping at two famous traditional Korean houses that are now museums. We got to see the layout of a courtyard style house, see the kitchen with its giant rice pots. I'm afraid I would've been more interested if I wasn't quite so tired and sunburnt at the time. Mostly I remember everything was much smaller, the doors, the rooms, the general space, than we expect today.











The second house had these wonderful 'moving paintings' based on the ancient nature paintings in the museum collection.
My poor picture does not do justice to the sheer quantity and elegance of this lotus pond.

No comments:

Post a Comment